What Matters To Me
I grew up surrounded by strong, resilient women who taught me how to find joy even in profound difficulty. Their examples informed my life as a professional, a mother, and a community volunteer.
The value of family and friendship is central to my life. As a seasoned mother, wife, sister, daughter, and stepdaughter, I understand the important and complex work of building, maintaining, and navigating a family through transition, challenge, and joy.
I have been a long time advocate of encouraging women to take time out for themselves for reflection and support as families and communities benefit when this happens.
I live in the Kansas City area with my husband of over 30 years. I have three children in their twenties; beloved parents in their eighties; a large extended family; and a circle of lifelong friends who make me a better coach as we travel through our myriad life transitions together.
I use social media and technology thoughtfully and sparingly as I much prefer human connection, anything handwritten, and daily time in nature. Growing up, I lived in Germany and then moved to Madison, Wisconsin, where I became an avid outdoorswoman and a hardy lover of rosy cheeks.
I believe that embracing change begins with self-awareness, a centered mind, and a healthy, balanced lifestyle. From that place, I have seen how beautiful things can unfold even when life feels hard. I help my clients cultivate their personal best in their relationships with themselves, their families, and in their individual expression of their true purpose.
For me, there is nothing more beautiful than a woman who truly knows herself, feels inspired in her body, and lives her life embracing her unique gifts.
I bring to you a background in counseling psychology, behavioral weight management, and proven tools for navigating the uncertainty of a life transition. Here’s a sampling of my professional background:
- Executive Coach @ University of Kansas Hospital Executive Health Program
- Certified Life Coach
- Certified Weight Coach
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology
- B.A. in Behavioral Analysis
- Research Internship in Eating Disorders
- Former Certified Employee Assistance Professional/Private Counseling Practice/Clinical Manager of Hospital-based Counseling Program/Behavior Education Director for Medically Supervised Weight Loss Center/Behavioral Specialist in Nuclear Power Industry
- Corporate Trainer: Stress Management, Natural Relaxation Techniques, Interpersonal Communication, Leadership, Change and Transition, Work-Life Balance, Crisis Intervention and other mental health-related topics
- Presented Specialized Stress Management Training and Effective Customer Communication: AT&T Corporate Wellness Program
- Designed and Facilitated Workshops: Women and Identity, Empowering Motherwork, Women and Perfectionism, Finding Your Voice, Transformational Leadership
- Selected as a Kansas City Woman to Watch
- Advisory Councils: Greater Kansas City Women’s Foundation and UMKC Women’s Center